Sly 3:Builds/April 18 2005
|Game||Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves|
|Build Date||April 18 2005|
|Next||July 7 2005|
The April 18 2005 build of Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves, colloquially known as the E3 2005 demo, was a demo given out at E3 2005 and was included in the PlayStation Underground Jampack Winter 2005 demo disc.
Fixes[edit | edit source]
- No Interlacing - Removes the games interlacing for better image quality.
- No Motion Blur - Removes the post processing effect for better image quality.
- Widescreen - Makes the game display at 16:9.
- Unstretched HUD - Makes the HUD not look stretched when using the widescreen fix.
- Play Cut Jobs - Allows you to select any of the hidden jobs from the E3 menu.
Contents[edit | edit source]
The main menu music is the underground Venice theme. The demo contains a promotional video of the backstory of Sly 3 and four playable levels. The following comparisons are made with regards to the NTSC release build.
Lemonade Brawl[edit | edit source]
In the this build the job is called "Lemonade Brawl".
- The scrolling instructions along the top of the drinking challenge states: "Mash buttons to drink faster."
- Sly's charge cane spin attack from Sly 2 is present and can be executed; press and hold square.
- The controls page in the pause menu references Sly 2's controls, and only for Sly, regardless of the character currently under control.
- Sly's Charge Combos operate much differently than in final retail builds. The triangle button acts as both an attack and a charge-up; in order to "charge" up the attack, Sly must land consecutive triangle hits on enemies. If consecutive hits are not landed within a certain period of time, the combo is reset to level 1.
- All three charge combos (Spin, Push, Jump), and all three levels of charge combos are available for Sly to use.
- When Murray is carrying an enemy, circle is throw, rather than pickpocket.
- The art on the coins is the same art used in the Sly 2 Prologue. (Clockwerk wings)
- The scrolling instructions along the top of the Mask boss battle states: "Let Bentley and Murray stun him before attacking."
Fly the Biplane[edit | edit source]
In this build the job is called "Fly the Biplane".
- Story details are omitted from the job's description.
- The objective is to destroy 30 planes, instead of 25.
- There is no way to flip the biplane; in the final retail build, a flip is done with lstick (forward or backward) + circle. Performing this in the E3 2005 build will cause Sly to do a barrel roll instead.
The Shaman Escapes[edit | edit source]
In this build the job is called "The Shaman Escapes", and features the Guru, referred to as the Shaman.
- A different voice is used for The Guru when he is speaking to other characters.
- Pressing lstick to trigger the waypoint shows Sly's insignia, instead of a circle.
- The art on the coins is the same art used in the Sly 2 Prologue.
- Running behind enemies does not alert them.
2P: Sly/Carmelita[edit | edit source]
In this build minigame is called "2P: Sly/Carmelita".
- Sly's charged cane spin attack from Sly 2 is present and can be executed; press and hold square.
- Initially, pressing triangle as Sly will trigger his uppercut attack from Sly 2. However, once Sly attacks Carmelita, pressing triangle will trigger a prototype of his charge combo.
- In addition to dropping off loot, Sly also gains points by killing Carmelita.
- Carmelita cannot natively perform Mega Jump; she must obtain the Mega Jump power-up to perform it.
- The voice actors for Sly and Carmelita when they pick up powerups are different than their retail voice actors.
Play Cut Jobs[edit | edit source]
In the files remains mission data from the build that this demo was built from. Using a mod, you can select and play these unfinished missions.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Sly's ability to take pictures seems to be completely missing in this demo so every time there is photoshoot in the missions just press L1 and R1 at the same time while using the binocucom. It will load the next feasible checkpoint.
- Some missions that are in the disc for example Into the Depths and Canal Chase are not included because those ones barely have any gameplay in the hub map.
- Selecting the extra missions doesn't work if you open the job select menu from the pause menu. Setting savestate to the job select menu or rebooting the game is needed. Using lot of savestates in general is encouraged.
- Disguise is somewhat fixed but it can still crash sometimes when equipping it. Use savestates!
- The mod (PNACH file) is made for PCSX2 1.6.0. Might not work in other versions.
Video Showcase[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Covers[edit | edit source]
- Sly3 20050418 front cover.png
- Sly3 20050418 back cover.png
Disc[edit | edit source]
- Sly3 20050418 Disc.png
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
- Sly3 20050418 controls Sly.png
Controls of Sly during "Lemonade Brawl"
- Sly3 20050418 controls Bentley.png
Controls of Bentley during "Lemonade Brawl"
- Sly3 20050418 controls Murray.png
Controls of Murray during "Lemonade Brawl"
- Sly3 20050418 The Shaman Escapes.png
Description of "[[The Shaman Escapes"
- Sly3 20050418 The Shaman Escapes complete.png
Completion of "The Shaman Escapes"
- Sly3 20050418 Lemonade Brawl.png
Description of "Lemonade Brawl"
- Sly3 20050418 Lemonade Brawl complete.png
Completion of "Lemonade Brawl"
- Sly3 20050418 2P Sly Carmelita.png
Description of the minigame
- Sly3 20050418 2P Sly Carmelita Sly complete.png
Sly win screen
- Sly3 20050418 2P Sly Carmelita Carmelita complete.png
Carmelita win screen
- Sly3 20050418 2P Sly Carmelita controls.png
Controls screen for the minigame