Sly 3:Builds/April 18 2005
|Game||Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves|
|Build Date||April 18 2005|
|Next||July 8 2005|
The April 18 2005 build of Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves, colloquially known as the E3 2005 demo, was a demo given out at E3 2005.
Contents[edit | edit source]
The main menu music is the underground Venice theme. The demo contains a promotional video of the backstory of Sly 3 and four playable levels. The following comparisons are made with regards to the NTSC release build.
Lemonade Brawl[edit | edit source]
In the this build the job is called "Lemonade Brawl".
- The scrolling instructions along the top of the drinking challenge states: "Mash buttons to drink faster."
- Sly's charge cane spin attack from Sly 2 is present and can be executed; press and hold square.
- The controls page in the pause menu references Sly 2's controls, and only for Sly, regardless of the character currently under control.
- Sly's Charge Combos operate much differently than in final retail builds. The triangle button acts as both an attack and a charge-up; in order to "charge" up the attack, Sly must land consecutive triangle hits on enemies. If consecutive hits are not landed within a certain period of time, the combo is reset to level 1.
- All three charge combos (Spin, Push, Jump), and all three levels of charge combos are available for Sly to use.
- When Murray is carrying an enemy, circle is throw, rather than pickpocket.
- The art on the coins is the same art used in the Sly 2 Prologue. (Clockwerk wings)
- The scrolling instructions along the top of the Mask boss battle states: "Let Bentley and Murray stun him before attacking."
Fly the Biplane[edit | edit source]
In this build the job is called "Fly the Biplane".
- Story details are omitted from the job's description.
- The objective is to destroy 30 planes, instead of 25.
- There is no way to flip the biplane; in the final retail build, a flip is done with lstick (forward or backward) + circle. Performing this in the E3 2005 build will cause Sly to do a barrel roll instead.
The Shaman Escapes[edit | edit source]
In this build the job is called "The Shaman Escapes", and features the Guru, referred to as the Shaman.
- A different voice is used for The Guru when he is speaking to other characters.
- Pressing lstick to trigger the waypoint shows Sly's insignia, instead of a circle.
- The art on the coins is the same art used in the Sly 2 Prologue.
- Running behind enemies does not alert them.
2P: Sly/Carmelita[edit | edit source]
In this build minigame is called "2P: Sly/Carmelita".
- Sly's charged cane spin attack from Sly 2 is present and can be executed; press and hold square.
- Initially, pressing triangle as Sly will trigger his uppercut attack from Sly 2. However, once Sly attacks Carmelita, pressing triangle will trigger a prototype of his charge combo.
- In addition to dropping off loot, Sly also gains points by killing Carmelita.
- Carmelita cannot natively perform Mega Jump; she must obtain the Mega Jump power-up to perform it.
- The voice actors for Sly and Carmelita when they pick up powerups are different than their retail voice actors.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Covers[edit | edit source]
- Sly3 20050418 front cover.png
- Sly3 20050418 back cover.png
- Sly3 Logo PAL 20050802.png
Disc[edit | edit source]
- Sly3 20050418 Disc.png
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
- Sly3 20050418 controls Sly.png
Controls of Sly during "Lemonade Brawl"
- Sly3 20050418 controls Bentley.png
Controls of Bentley during "Lemonade Brawl"
- Sly3 20050418 controls Murray.png
Controls of Murray during "Lemonade Brawl"
- Sly3 20050418 The Shaman Escapes.png
Description of "[[The Shaman Escapes"
- Sly3 20050418 The Shaman Escapes complete.png
Completion of "The Shaman Escapes"
- Sly3 20050418 Lemonade Brawl.png
Description of "Lemonade Brawl"
- Sly3 20050418 Lemonade Brawl complete.png
Completion of "Lemonade Brawl"
- Sly3 20050418 2P Sly Carmelita.png
Description of the minigame
- Sly3 20050418 2P Sly Carmelita Sly complete.png
Sly win screen
- Sly3 20050418 2P Sly Carmelita Carmelita complete.png
Carmelita win screen
- Sly3 20050418 2P Sly Carmelita controls.png
Controls screen for the minigame
This page uses material from the Sly Cooper Technical Wiki page Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves/April 18 2005, which is released under the CC-BY-SA license. (view authors).